Membership is limited to maximum of 25 students per academic year. The term of membership is for one full year. An attempt shall be made to ensure that ambassadors will be representative of student diversity at Georgia Tech and within the Ivan Allen College.
To be eligible to apply for membership, interested students must be:
- Enrolled during fall and spring semesters
- Have successfully completed at least two semesters as full-time student at Georgia Tech (by end of Spring)
- Hold a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Be available to complete the required service hours each semester (5 hours of service each month during the fall and spring (these hours include a group meeting every 3 weeks) and 10 hours total during the 14 week period of summer)
- Willing to serve one semester as intern in Office of Enrollment and Student Affairs, GT1000 TL or Summer Orientation Leader*
- Commit to attending the mandatory weekend training session in November.
*New feature under development
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Campus programs, activities awareness/familiarity
- Ability to present effectively and communicate to audiences of all sizes
- Possession of good interpersonal skills, including: the ability to be self-motivated, a commitment to professionalism, and a friendly, positive attitude
- Willingness and ability to participate actively each month
- Commitment to learn the history, statistical data, programs, and opportunities in the Ivan Allen College
- Exhibited Ivan Allen College pride and spirit!
Becoming a Student Recruiting Ambassador is designed to benefit you as well.
- Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the College), which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement
- Opportunity to work with and learn from College Administrators and Associate Deans
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for pleasure, help on campus, and references upon graduation
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills- Paid internship opportunities each semester in Deans Office, Priority selection for GT1000 TL positions*
- Knowledge on successfully executing an event or project
- College recognition and admiration
- Confidence through inspiring and motivating others
- And cool ambassador shirts, name badges, free food, and lots of swag throughout the year!
SPRING 2017 AMBASSADOR RECRUITS. PINNING CEREMONY.